If your LG LRSOS2706S ice maker is not working, don’t worry! There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem and get it back up and running in no time.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the most common causes of LG LRSOS2706S ice maker problems and show you how to fix them.
About LG LRSOS2706S Ice Maker
The LG LRSOS2706S has a dual ice maker with Craft Ice™. This means that it can produce two different types of ice: cubed ice and slow-melting Craft Ice™. The Craft Ice™ maker produces three or six round ice spheres per day, which are perfect for cocktails or other special drinks. The standard cubed ice maker is located on the freezer door and produces traditional cubed ice. The LRSOS2706S also has a crushed ice dispenser, so you can choose the type of ice that best suits your needs.
Here are some of the key features of the LG LRSOS2706S ice maker:
- Dual ice maker with Craft Ice™
- SpacePlus® ice system makes ice in the door, freeing up freezer space
- Crushed ice dispenser
- UVnano™ smooth touch dispenser kills 99.9% of bacteria on the dispenser nozzle
- Linear Cooling™ maintains a consistent temperature throughout the refrigerator to help keep food fresh longer
To use the LG LRSOS2706S ice maker, simply press the ice maker button on the control panel. The ice maker will start producing ice and will stop automatically when the ice bin is full. You can also turn off the ice maker by pressing the ice maker button again.
Here are some tips for maintaining your LG LRSOS2706S ice maker:
- Clean the ice maker bin regularly to prevent the buildup of bacteria and mold.
- Clean the dispenser nozzle regularly with a mild soap and water solution.
- Flush the water line regularly to remove any sediment that may have built up.
- If you are going to be away from home for an extended period of time, turn off the ice maker and water supply.
LG LRSOS2706S Ice Maker Not Working
There are a few things you can check if your LG LRSOS2706S ice maker is not working:
- Make sure the ice maker is turned on. There is a power switch on the side of the ice maker. If it is not turned on, the ice maker will not work.
- Make sure the freezer temperature is cold enough. The ice maker will not work if the freezer temperature is set too warm. The recommended freezer temperature for ice production is -4°F or lower.
- Make sure there is water getting to the ice maker. There is a water valve that controls the water supply to the ice maker. Make sure the valve is turned on and that there is no kink or blockage in the water line.
- Check the ice maker fill tube. The fill tube is the tube that delivers water to the ice maker tray. Make sure the tube is not frozen or clogged.
- Check the ice maker harvest arm. The harvest arm is the arm that sweeps the ice cubes out of the tray. Make sure the arm is moving freely and that it is not obstructed.
- Reset the ice maker. To reset the ice maker, unplug the refrigerator for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
If you have checked all of the above and the ice maker is still not working, you may need to call a qualified repair technician.
Here are some additional troubleshooting tips:
Check the ice maker’s test mode
If your ice maker was working but now is not making ice, there is a simple diagnostic test you can run that may provide some insight on what that problem is.
To run the ice maker’s test mode, pull the handle to open the ice room and remove the ice bucket.
Running this ice maker test mode will provide two key pieces of information:
Did the motor run?
Was there water or ice in the tray?
If the answer is “no” to either of these questions, the refrigerator most likely needs service
Check the dispenser
If ice is not coming out of the dispenser and it seems unresponsive, see whether the dispenser might be locked by checking the lock indicator on the control panel.
If it is lit up, it means both the dispenser and the control panel are currently locked. To solve this, press and hold the lock button for three seconds to unlock the dispenser and control panel
How To Reset The Icemaker On LG LRSOS2706S
To reset the icemaker on an LG LRSOS2706S, follow these steps:
- Open the freezer door.
- Locate the ice maker switch. It is usually located on the left side of the freezer door, near the ice maker bin.
- Turn the ice maker switch to the “Off” position.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Turn the ice maker switch to the “On” position.
The ice maker will now start to reset. It may take a few hours for the ice maker to start producing ice again.
LG LRSOS2706S Ice Maker on/off Switch
The ice maker on/off switch on the LG LRSOS2706S side-by-side refrigerator is located on the left side of the ice maker, above the ice bin. It is a small, black button with the ice maker icon on it.
- To turn the ice maker on, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds. The ice maker light will turn on, indicating that it is on.
- To turn the ice maker off, press and hold the switch for 3 seconds again. The ice maker light will turn off, indicating that it is off.
You can also turn the ice maker on and off from the refrigerator’s control panel. To do this, press the “Ice Maker” button on the control panel. The ice maker light on the control panel will turn on, indicating that the ice maker is on.
To turn the ice maker off, press the “Ice Maker” button again. The ice maker light on the control panel will turn off, indicating that the ice maker is off.
LG LRSOS2706S Ice Maker Maintenance
Here are some maintenance tips for your LG LRSOS2706S ice maker:
- Clean the ice maker bin and dispenser nozzle regularly. This will help to prevent the buildup of bacteria and mold. You can clean the ice maker bin with warm, soapy water. To clean the dispenser nozzle, use a mild soap and water solution and a soft cloth.
- Replace the water filter every six months. This will help to ensure that the ice maker has a clean water supply.
- Flush the water line regularly. This will remove any sediment that may have built up in the water line. To flush the water line, simply dispense water from the dispenser for a few minutes.
- If you are going to be away from home for an extended period of time, turn off the ice maker and water supply. This will help to prevent the ice maker from freezing and the water line from bursting.
In addition to these maintenance tips, you should also inspect the ice maker regularly for any signs of damage or wear and tear. If you notice any problems, contact LG customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips to help extend the lifespan of your LG LRSOS2706S ice maker:
- Avoid using distilled or reverse osmosis water in the ice maker. These types of water can cause mineral buildup in the ice maker, which can lead to problems.
- Do not overfill the ice maker bin. This can prevent the ice maker from producing ice properly.
- Do not dump ice cubes directly into the ice maker bin. This can damage the ice maker.
- If you are not going to be using the ice maker for a period of time, turn it off and drain the water line. This will help to prevent the ice maker from freezing and the water line from bursting.
By following these maintenance tips, you can help to keep your LG LRSOS2706S ice maker in good condition and ensure that it continues to produce fresh, clean ice for many years to come.